I am selling my French property and I will probably be liable to tax on profit. Can I have an estimate of what the tax would be?

Since the beginning of 2004, it is the notary, upon drawing up the deed of sale, who must necessarily declare and pay (by deduction from the price of sale) the possible tax on profit, on behalf of the seller.

If you sell your property for more than €150,000 you have the obligation, as a non-resident, to appoint a tax representative in France who will commit to comply with all the tax formalities (even if there is no capital gains made on the sale).

Please note that this is a service that one of our partners, French Capital Gains Tax, offers. Their fees for this service are 0.598% (vat included) of the price of sale instead of the usual 1% requested by other tax representative.

Please visit their website for more information : www.french-capital-gains-tax.fr

Through this website you will be able to access to the latest information on French CGT (new assessment of the French CGT as from Feb. 1st 2012), get an estimation of the amount of CGT to pay on the sale of your French property and a quotation of their fees as tax representative.

Haven't found the answer? We can help.

Submit a request

Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.