I have received less rental income than I have paid in interests on mortgage. Do I need to complete an income tax return?

Yes, you do need to complete an income tax return. When completing your tax return, you will be able to deduct from the overall rental income. Any expenses incurred on the property in 2019, such as loan interests, land taxes, works… Losses can be carried forward for several years. 

Haven't found the answer? We can help.

Submit a request

Contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.